The osql utility allows you to enter Transact-SQL statements, system procedures, and script files. You can create a batch file (.bat) containing the osql statements:
Wednesday, 22 April 2009
- What do you want the icon for? Topic? e.g. book, health, food, world, charity, etc
- Where do you want to place it? Any background image compatibility
- What color range your icon should have?
- Links e.g. a link to google
- Buttons e.g. Checkout button on an ecommerce site
- Titles e.g. page header
Monday, 20 April 2009
Sunday, 19 April 2009
- Find articles and sources about technologies (e.g. C#, .NET...) which are written by community members.
- Publish your own article
- Find answers to many of your technical questions
- Meet peers
- Join events
- Ask questions or discuss using their forums
Friday, 17 April 2009
Wednesday, 8 April 2009
Saturday, 4 April 2009
- The aim of Proof of Concept is to evaluate and verify that a proposed solution / idea to an understood problem is feasible and viable.
- POC is just a prototype and doesn't represent the deliverable so it's often developed quickly and without a lot of testing
It's done at the beginning or maybe in the middle of developing a software.
It's provided by the developer or architect and presented for the client.
- Estimated development costs
- Estimated maintenance costs
- The proposed technical design
- Technologies to be used
- If the proposed solution is a website, POC would be a facade that illustrates the look and feel of the site with no functionality e.g. using html, photshop ...
- To understand the requirements clearly before it's too late (arguably...)
- To assess the design decisions early in the process
- Client to be able to visualize early on the look-and-feel of the solution.
- To reduce the risk of project failure by getting feedback early
Software Development Methodology
POC is highly important in Waterfall model where the software is not developed in an incremental way. Other methodologies such as Scrum and XP provide deliverables after the end of each iterations and over time incrementally.
- Visio has a Stencil for Sketching GUI: http://abbett.org/resources/SketchGUIShapes.zip
- Visio 2010 also has a "wireframe diagram" template built-in